The Music and Worship ministry of the Arkansas Baptist State Convention seeks to help churches lead people to life changing encounters with Christ. The Music and Worship ministry is prepared to assist churches, staff members and lay music leadership through:
- Personal assistance to church leaders - We offer encouragement, support, and mentoring to those who serve in the local church. We seek to lead churches in experiencing authentic worship that will provide worshipers opportunity for life-change. We offer assistance to music ministers, pastors and lay leaders to help churches stake their identity, discern how to grow in authentic worship and assistance in worship style transition.
- Minister of Music Roundtables – Realizing that we have great wisdom in the worship leaders of our state, we offer opportunities for worship leaders to join together to share their knowledge and experience as well as seek counsel and encounter fellowship.
- Consultation – Our music consultants are the top in the state. We have specialists in the areas of keyboards, children’s choirs, student choirs, handbells, adult choirs, instrumental groups and praise bands.
- Worship Planning Resources – Our consultants can help you find the resources that meet your needs
- Supply/Interim – We have referrals for supply, interim worship leader or accompanist. We have an ever-changing list of people who are looking for a place to minister.
- Resumes – Through our online resume system, you can search for your church’s next minister of music/worship leader.
- Worship Center Design – Let us help connect you to professionals that can design your worship center for maximum effectiveness.
- Lighting, Video and Sound – We can connect you to professionals that can help you solve your current issues or guide with the purchase of new equipment.
- Hymnals – Through our network, we can match a church with used hymnals. If your church has bought new ones recently, let us know and we can find someone who is in need of your old hymnals.
- Lending Library – The Leadership and Worship office has a statewide lending library available.
The Music and Worship ministry offers these worship and arts opportunities for children, students and handbell ringers:
- PraizFest is an overnight experience for student choirs from across the state to come together in one location and sing and worship under the leadership of a guest clinician. The event has been hugely successful since it began in 2003. Included are great opportunities to fellowship with hundreds of other students. Are you considering the start of a student choir in your church? Do you have an existing student choir? PraizFest will ignite your student choir experience.
- The Handbell Festival is an annual event for Arkansas ringers. Handbell choirs gather for a quality experience of mass ringing as well as an opportunity to play for the other ringers and handbell experts who will offer words of encouragement to strengthen your handbell ministry.
- JoyWorks is a music and worship arts camp for children who have completed grades 4-6. JoyWorks is four incredible days on the campus of Ouachita Baptist University filled with singing and creative music arts opportunities along with fun recreation, time with friends and amazing worship designed just for children!
- PraiseWorks has proven to be one of the most innovative youth worship events, equipping future worship leaders with hands-on knowledge and giving them a place to discover and develop their God-given abilities. In the past years, this week-long event on the campus of Ouachita Baptist University has hosted some of the best and brightest as they connected with friends and learned what it means to worship.
The Music and Worship ministry offers an opportunity for Arkansas Baptist musicians to be involved in the ministry of Master’Singers:
- The Master’Singers are ministers of music/worship leaders, directors, accompanists, choir leaders, pastors, staff members and staff spouses from Arkansas Baptist churches in every corner of the state and all places in between. These men and women find incredible joy in singing and worshiping together, in sharing fellowship and in praying and supporting each other as they serve weekly in churches all over our state. They participate voluntarily and at their own expense. Musicians from local churches are invited to sing with the Master’Singers with the endorsement of their minister of music/worship leader. Annual venues include State Convention meetings and Festivals of Song in local churches as well other venues including prison ministries within the state. The music of Master’Singers has been heard around the world as well, encouraging churches and sharing the message of Jesus Christ in Guatamala, Brazil, Germany and Russia. To learn more of how you can become a part of these wonderful singers and worshipers visit www.arkansasmastersingers.com
Larry Grayson, music and worship consultant –
Donna Couch, music and worship ministry assistant –
Consultants: Peggy Pearson, Keyboard -
Retha Kilmer, Handbells -
Mary Winters, Children -