This class is FULL and we can no longer accept registrations. Thank you for your interest!
CISM Training - Critical Incident Stress Management Training
Emotional and Spiritual Care in Disaster Operations - Instructor: Greg Young
When: April 27-28, 2018 (Friday/Saturday)
Where: ABSC Building, Little Rock (driving directions at the bottom of the page)
Time: Friday - 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (lunch provided) Saturday - 8 a.m. to 2:30p.m. (lunch provided)
Cost: $50 for members of ABSC churches, $95 for all others, cost includes lunch both days and all materials
Course Description: The purpose of this course is to enhance the skills of clergy, chaplains, mental health professionals, and trained crisis responders to provide effective emotional and spiritual care to meet the disaster related needs of disaster responders and disaster affected families and individuals within disaster operations by integrating CISM principles, interventions, and practical care. Upon completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Articulate the role of the ES caregiver from one’s own faith tradition and the elements of ESC provided in a pluralistic disaster environment,
- Clearly define the role and function of the ES caregiver within the Incident Command System and disaster relief operation,
- Identify the physical, psychological, emotional, interpersonal, and spiritual impact of disasters,
- Provide emotional and spiritual care to disaster survivors, first responders, and relief workers through a multifaceted range of ESC interventions,
- Assess one’s own suitability to provide ESC within the trauma and disaster context, and
- Identify a personal self-care plan for maintaining one’s own emotional, physical, and spiritual health during deployment.
This is a 13 contact hour, two-day course. Attendees must be present for the entire course to receive a certificate.
Download Driving Directions to the Baptist Building