Registration for this event is closed. The class is full but will be held again on August 9-10, 2019.
Disaster Relief Chaplains are trained to minister to people experiencing crisis resulting from disasters and to deployed Disaster Relief volunteers processing destruction and loss. We are excited about the help, healing, and hope Disaster Relief Chaplains will provide to hurting people in need of a listening ear and a kind word.
Steps to becoming a Disaster Relief Chaplain
- Hold current ABSC Disaster Relief ID credentials as a Southern Baptist church member.
- Complete Disaster Relief Chaplain Application and return to ABSC Disaster Relief office.
- Attend ABSC Disaster Relief Chaplaincy Training. (Registration is closed. Class is full.)
- Attend Critical Incident Stress Management training offered by ABSC. (This 2 day event was recently offered in April, and it will be offered again next April.)
- Trained ABSC Disaster Relief Chaplains will be added to the ABSC Disaster Relief Chaplain team, and Chaplain will be added to files. Chaplain credential will be printed on next Disaster Relief ID Badge. A yellow Chaplain cap will be issued to the new Disaster Relief Chaplain.
- During deployment Disaster Relief Chaplains will be called out to serve as needed.
Disaster Relief Chaplaincy Training
Where – ABSC (10 Remington Dr., Little Rock, AR)
Dates – August 10-11, 2018
Time – Friday 1 p.m.--8 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m.--3 p.m.
Cost - $50/person
Lodging and travel expenses are assumed by volunteers. No group rates are arranged.
We so look forward to some of you taking the next step in your Disaster Relief Chaplaincy ministry as the Lord leads.