Event Date: September 22, 2018
Place: First Baptist Church, Benton, Arkansas
Time: 9:00a.m. - 3:00p.m.
Theme: Unshakeable Pursuit
“My dear friends, stand firm and don’t be shaken. Always keep busy working for the Lord. You know that everything you do for him is worthwhile” (1 Cor. 15:58 CEV).
The purpose of Engage / WMU Annual Meeting is to bring women of all ages together to participate in missions experiences that will inform them about missions; make them aware of Southern Baptist and Arkansas Baptist missions activities, emphases, and goals; and strengthen fellowship among women around our state. Our prayer is that women will be challenged to commit themselves to the missions discipleship responsibility of WMU.
Our 2018 meeting features:
- praise and worship to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
- representatives from national WMU, the International and North American Mission Boards, and the Arkansas Baptist State Convention (ABSC).
- exhibits about our work, the work of the ABSC, and the ministries of partnering ministry groups.
- election of our new Arkansas WMU Executive Board and State Nominating Committee.
- praying for our missionaries celebrating birthdays on September 22.
- a ministry project that assists a local ministry that is committed to biblical values.
- the value of the Cooperative Program in Southern Baptist missions.
- National WMU: Linda C. Cooper, president
- NAMB: Lorna Bius, Clarkston, GA
- Worship Leaders – FBC Hot Springs: Lee and Elizabeth Barnett
- IMB: Candis F., Central Asian Affinity
- IMB: Kellie T. Southeast Asia Affinity
- WMU Foundation: David George, president
- Arkansas Baptist News: Tim Yarbrough, editor
Ministry Project: CJCOHN, a non-profit association of 15 Saline County churches, has been providing food, clothing and other services to low-income county residents since 1976.
Thank you for bringing the following items to support CJCOHN’s ministry:
• Bars of soap • Peanut Butter • Mac&Cheese • Tuna •
• Quart-size freezer zip-lock bags • Toilet paper •