The ABSC Missions Team and Arkansas Community Correction (ACC) are partnering to bring ACC Mentor Training to those interested in volunteering with The Arkansas Community Correction Road to Achievement Mentor Program. This statewide program matches incarcerated (inside mentoring) and released (outside mentoring) adult residents with volunteer mentors. The goal is to successfully return the resident to the community.
(Online Registration Below)
Some of the topics covered in the three hour training session:
• To understand purpose, mission, and benefits
• To better understand prison culture
• To understand the risk factors
• To establish mentor-mentee relationships
• To utilize the tools for the mentee
• To understand crisis management
• To know the role of the mentor coordinator
Once you've completed the training you'll have a clear understanding of the difference between inside and outside mentoring.
- Inside Mentoring – The mentor visits the resident inside the residential, reentry, or correctional facility.
- Outside Mentoring – The mentor visits the offender at a transitional facility or a public place of their choice.
ACC asks that you visit a minimum of once or twice a week with a 6 month commitment. The time can be managed to accommodate your busy schedule. We urge you to make a difference in someone’s life by giving them a second chance!
Who: You must be 21 years old and pass a background check
When: Saturday, October 28, 2017 10am to 2pm (lunch included)
Where: Arkansas Baptist State Convention, 10 Remington Drive, Little Rock, AR 72204
Cost: No cost - due to the gracious giving of Arkansas Baptists through the Cooperative Program and the Dixie Jackson Arkansas Missions Offering
Register and Apply: a) Register online below. b) You'll receive a confirmation email with a link to print a PDF appllication, which ACC would like you to fill out and submit in advance of the training.
PLEASE register online using the form below. In about one minute you'll receive a confirmation email with a link to the downloadable application. Please print and send per instructions on the form. See you October 28th!