Join Us In Working Proactively to Protect Children from Sexual Abuse
Please join the ABSC Church Health Team for Sexual Abuse Awareness and Skillful Screening Training presented by MinistrySafe, the nation's foremost leader in sexual abuse prevention. The training will be here at the Arkansas Baptist State Convention on October 8, 2018 from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm and will be helpful for Church administrators, Pastors, Church Staff, Safety and Security, Screening Personnel, Lay Leaders and Human Resources Representatives of your church.
Through this training, participants will learn how to recognize the offender's "grooming process", respond to reports of abuse and screen prospective staff members and volunteers for high-risk candidates.
MinistrySafe attorney and co-founder, Kimberlee Norris, will address the following topics:
- Common errors and misconceptions
- Abuse characteristics
- The "grooming process" utilized by offenders
- Male and female offender characteristics
- Elements of an effective Safety System
- Effective screening practices
- Use of criminal background checks
- Recognizing applicant "high risk answers"
- Resources for reducing the risk
"We cannot reduce a risk that we don't understand"
The cost of the seminar is $10.00 which includes lunch.
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED