Below on this page, you can:
*Donate to ABSC Disaster Relief Efforts
*Register for Training
*See pictures and updates of Disaster Relief work on Facebook
*NEW: DISASTER RELIEF CLOTHING ONLINE -- If you are a credentialed disaster relief worker, you may order DR clothing online. Credit card required. CLICK HERE.
It was 1967 during the aftermath of Hurricane Beulah that Southern Baptist Convention Disaster Relief was birthed by six guys using a buddy burner to heat canned food along the Texas coast. Fast forward 50 years, today Southern Baptists have over 1,500 units strategically situated throughout the United States staffed by trained volunteers prepared to minister to hurting people directly affected by disasters.
Arkansas Baptist State Convention Disaster Relief extends the love of Christ to disaster survivors by preparing hot meals, removing damaging trees and debris, tarping roofs, shoveling mud, providing emergency communications, and coordinating the response through Incident Command leadership. Following a common ministry pattern of Jesus Christ, volunteers seek to share God’s grace, hope, and Truth while meeting physical needs. The volunteers also offer hot showers and clean laundry to hard working Disaster Relief volunteers. Disaster Relief is a ministry of the heart – caring people rushing to people in crisis to offer the help, healing, and hope of Jesus Christ.
- See updates about Disaster Relief Work on Facebook
- Donate ONLINE or BY CHECK: (your donations make a difference!) -- Donate ONLINE to Arkansas Disaster Relief or send your check made out to the Arkansas Baptist State Convention, memo line "Disaster Relief" and mail it to Missions Team-Disaster Relief, 10 Remington Drive, Little Rock, AR 72204
- Attend Regular Disaster Relief Training on October 14 at Geyer Springs FBC, Little Rock. These trainings offer the full scope of Disaster Relief roles. See details and register below.
2017 Training Dates:
- April 8, 2017 – Hope FBC
- April 22, 2017 – Elmdale Baptist Church, Springdale
- August 5, 2017 - Fordyce FBC
- September 9, 2017 – Central Baptist Church, Jonesboro
- October 14, 2017 – Geyer Springs FBC, Little Rock (Register HERE)
8:00am - 2:00pm
The following trainings will be offered at all locations:
- CPR (not certified)
- Flood Recovery (formerly Mud-Out)
- How to Tell Your Story (Deployment Evangelism)
Register for October 14 training here. This registration is only for new Disaster Relief volunteers and current Disaster Relief volunteers updating their DR ID. If your DR ID is not already expired or does not expire in 2017, you do not need to register to attend training. We encourage you to benefit from continued training and hope to see you there!
DISASTER RELIEF CLOTHING ONLINE -- If you are a credentialed disaster relief worker, you may order DR clothing online. Credit card required. CLICK HERE.
Scroll down to see other Disaster Relief Events and Resources