It was 1967 during the aftermath of Hurricane Beulah that Southern Baptist Convention Disaster Relief was birthed by six guys using a buddy burner to heat canned food along the Texas coast. Fast forward 50 years, today Southern Baptists have over 1,500 units strategically situated throughout the United States staffed by trained volunteers prepared to minister to hurting people directly affected by disasters.
Arkansas Baptist State Convention Disaster Relief extends the love of Christ to disaster survivors by preparing hot meals, removing damaging trees and debris, tarping roofs, shoveling mud, providing emergency communications, and coordinating the response through Incident Command leadership. Following a common ministry pattern of Jesus Christ, volunteers seek to share God’s grace, hope, and Truth while meeting physical needs. The volunteers also offer hot showers and clean laundry to hard working Disaster Relief volunteers. Disaster Relief is a ministry of the heart – caring people rushing to people in crisis to offer the help, healing, and hope of Jesus Christ.
- Donate to Arkansas Disaster Relief Your donations make a difference. Donate now.
2017 Training Dates:
- April 8, 2017 – Hope FBC
- April 22, 2017 – Elmdale Baptist Church, Springdale
- May 20, 2017 – Fordyce FBC (CANCELED for Flood Recovery Mass Response)
- August 5, 2017 - Fordyce FBC (Rescheduled from canceled event)
- September 9, 2017 – Central Baptist Church, Jonesboro
- October 14, 2017 – Geyer Springs FBC, Little Rock
8:00am - 2:00pm
The following trainings will be offered at all locations:
- CPR (not certified)
- Flood Recovery (formerly Mud-Out)
- How to Tell Your Story (Deployment Evangelism)
Register for training here. This registration is only for new Disaster Relief volunteers and current Disaster Relief volunteers updating their DR ID. If your DR ID is not already expired or does not expire in 2017, you do not need to register to attend training. We encourage you to benefit from continued training and hope to see you there!
Scroll down to see Disaster Relief Events and Resources