Getting Ready for Guests [Handout]
Getting Ready for Guests
Principles of Guest-Friendliness:
- Everyone Is __________________ to Their Friends (Matt. 5:47)
- The truth: most churches are friendly…to each other.
- ___________________ Is the Mark of a Christian (Gal. 5:22, 1 Thess. 5:15, Heb. 13:1)
- Church ought to be where the unchurched receive the warmest welcome.
- People know when you are sincere.
- Remember What Your First ________________ Was Like (Ex. 22:21, Mt. 7:12)
- The longer you have been a member the harder it is to relate.
10 Guidelines for Guest-Friendly Churches:
- Post __________________ outside main entrances.
- Use highly-visible __________________ to direct guests to commonly used areas.
- Provide quality ___________________ and children’s space (clean, safe, bright).
- Provide guest ____________________.
- Provide a ________________________ center or packet.
- Gather guests’ ____________________ info effectively.
- Maintain a church _____________________ or Facebook page.
- Create an effective _________________________ plan.
- Do everything with _________________________.
- Review and discuss guest-friendly ______________________ as a church each year.
10 Guidelines for Guest-Friendly Church Members:
- Refer to guests as _______________, not visitors.
- Do not be afraid to _________ if someone is visiting (& don’t be offended if asked).
- Welcome _________________ during welcome time (go write down their name).
- Be a _________________________ Sunday School class (introduce, learn names, extra chairs, no insider stories, etc.).
6. Sit in the _____________________ of the pew.
- Practice the “10-Foot __________ Rule.” (Say “hi” to everyone who gets within 10 feet of you.)
- Practice the “__________________ Rule.”
- Treat guests as if they were guests in your ________________.
- Do not act glad to see guests…__________ glad.
1. DO NOT ask guests to move to a different __________ (invite them to sit with you)!
- Guests Are the Easiest People to ________________ (Mt. 28:19-20)
- They come to your church voluntarily!
- If we don’t reach guests, we’ll never reach the unchurched.
- How badly do you want them?
ARE YOU READY FOR YOUR NEXT GUEST?