Thank you for finding ways to lead students during this crisis. Leadership requires finding solutions to problems. I’m grateful for your creativity and passion to lead students to Jesus during these days.
As we have interacted with several youth pastors over the last few days, we have put together some ideas of how you are ministering even though separated from students. Not all these ideas will fit your context. Some of these ideas may call for you to find some help with technology, but hopefully a few will get you started.
TEACHING OR BIBLE STUDY
- Bible study groups on YouVersion that have discussion boards
Google hangouts for Sunday School interaction
- Let your students set it up as most are familiar with this from collaborative settings at school
- Videos of you teaching on YouTube or utilizing InstagramTV
While students are at home and have some extended time, major on the spiritual disciplines. This is a great opportunity to help students create good habits.
- A game time with you or one of your leaders online thru Xbox, Playstation, Nintendo Switch, etc. using an appropriate game
- One of your adult leaders live streaming a cooking time/diy project/craft with a small group
- Send questions over group texts or social media groups to engage students in a passage of Scripture or a lesson
Zoom meetings for smaller groups
- More than 10 in a Zoom meeting can stifle group dynamics and interaction
- Appropriate games thru Jackbox Party Pack allowing students to interact online
- Lifeway has free resources at this time
- Right Now Media
- Download Youth Ministry is offering free resources for teaching and connecting to your students
- YM360 is doing a youth worship service live on Wednesday night and has discussion question for you to engage your own students