Sanctity of Human Life Sunday
January 23, 2022
The 2022 bulletin insert is at the bottom of this page
Arkansas Baptists will observe and celebrate the Sanctity of Human Life on Sunday, January 23, 2022. This day is an opportunity to speak the truth in love about abortion, and an opportunity to stir in someone's heart the need to make a difference in the life of a woman and her expected child.
We celebrate the increasing difficulty in obtaining an abortion in many states, including Arkansas, and the decrease in abortion providers and facilities. Despite falling abortion numbers, revenue for the abortion industry has continued to rise.
* Nearly half of pregnancies are reported as “unplanned” as the birth rate continues to slowly decline.
*Most abortion patients are in their 20s and have already had at least one previous child. African-American women were 2.7x more likely to experience abortion than white women. Additionally, almost half of women experiencing abortion are below the poverty line.
*About half of millennials support more restricted access to abortion while the majority of younger adults (18 to 29-year-olds) believe abortion should be legal in all or most cases.
*Fewer Americans are viewing abortion as a moral issue and the percent who consider it morally wrong has also declined.
Pregnancy Care Centers across Arkansas provide help to women with an unexpected or unwanted pregnancy. There are twenty-five centers that receive funding through Arkansas Baptists giving to the Dixie Jackson State Missions Offering. A list of these centers can be found HERE. These centers provide physical, emotional, and spiritual support for women in crisis. While encouraging a mother to choose life, volunteers also begin a relationship with each woman to support them through the pregnancy and the many “firsts” that come after a child’s birth. Parenting classes are very popular at each center.
In 2021, the sites supported by the ABSC reported Jan - Nov:
*19,821 clients served
*177 professions of faith
*436 babies saved from abortion
What can YOU do? Pray, give, reach out, and volunteer.
PRAY ... for women who find themselves in a circumstance they feel there is no way out but abortion... God provides another answer... LIFE!
GIVE ... out of the abundance God has given you ... purchase items such as diapers or other items or donate money that can be used for materials, supplies or day to day expenses to run pregnancy centers
REACH OUT ... There may be someone in your own church facing this situation or that has been through an abortion and is in need of God's healing
VOLUNTEER ... at a pregnancy care center to share the love of Christ with women in need
Contact your local Pregnancy Care Center to learn how you and your church body can be involved in this beautiful ministry.
- Focus on the Family - A variety of resources including printable materials and videos. You can also find an excellent outline of the history of abortion along with some of the latest statistics on the pro-life page of their site.
- Life Issues Institute - click on Issues to find helpful information about abortion, post abortion stress, videos, stories and more
- Psalm 139 Project - The Psalm 139 Project is an initiative designed to make people aware of the life-saving potential of ultrasound technology in crisis pregnancy situations and to help pregnancy centers minister to abortion-vulnerable women by providing ultrasound equipment for them to use. This project provides a way for motivated individuals to assist financially in the placement of ultrasound machines in qualified pregnancy care centers.
- Care Net - Life stories, statistics, and legislation can be found on this site
- Heartbeat International - This organization provides much of the training for pregnancy care centers in America. There is a list of 8 ways YOUR church can specifically help end abortion locally and internationally.
- Life Matters Worldwide - A variety of resources for your church are available for download or ordering.
- International Helpline - Help in recovery from an abortion.