Join Us In Working Proactively to Protect Children and Youth from Sexual Abuse
Central Baptist Church
3707 Harrisburg Rd, Jonesboro
Monday, May 13
9:30 AM-2:30 PM
$10 per person (includes lunch)
Please join the ABSC Church Health Team for Sexual Abuse Awareness and Skillful Screening Training presented by MinistrySafe, the nation's foremost leader in sexual abuse prevention. The training will be held at Central Baptist Church in Jonesboro on Monday, May 13, 2019 from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm. This event will be helpful for Church administrators, Pastors, Church Staff, Safety and Security, Screening Personnel, Lay Leaders and Human Resources Representatives of your church.
Through this training, participants will learn how to recognize the offender's 'grooming process', respond to reports of abuse and screen prospective staff members and volunteers for high-risk candidates.
MinistrySafe attorney and co-founder, Kimberlee Norris, will address the following topics:
- Common errors and misconceptions
- Abuser characteristics
- The 'grooming process' utilized by offenders
- Common 'grooming behaviors'
- Peer-to-peer sexual abuse
- Reporting responsibilities
- Changes in current legislation
- Description of an effective Safety System
- Description of an effective Screening Process
- Use of criminal background checks
- Recognizing applicant "high risk answers"
- Tools and resources for reducing the risk
"We cannot reduce a risk that we don't understand"
For additional information please contact Emily Smith at 1-800-838-2272, ext. 5193 or Email