Join Us In Working Proactively to Protect Children and Youth from Sexual Abuse
Arkansas Baptist State Convention Building
10 Remington Dr., Little Rock
Tuesday, May 21
10 AM-3 PM
$10 per person (includes lunch)
Please join the ABSC Church Health Team for Sexual Abuse Awareness Training presented by MinistrySafe, the nation's foremost leader in sexual abuse prevention. The training will be held at the ABSC Building in Little Rock on Tuesday, May 21, 2019 from 10 am to 3 pm. This event will be helpful for Church administrators, Pastors, Church Staff, Safety and Security, Screening Personnel, Lay Leaders and Human Resources Representatives of your church.
MinistrySafe attorney and co-founder, Greg Love, will address the following topics:
- Common errors and misconceptions
- Abuser characteristics
- The 'grooming process' utilized by offenders
- Common 'grooming behaviors'
- Peer-to-peer sexual abuse
- Reporting responsibilities
- Changes in current legislation
- Description of an effective Safety System
- Use of criminal background checks
- Tools and resources for reducing the risk
"We cannot reduce a risk that we don't understand"
For additional information please contact Emily Smith at 1-800-838-2272, ext. 5193 or email.