Due to COVID-19 concerns, we will be unable to gather for One Day in Russellville on October 3 to serve alongside the churches of the Arkansas River Valley Baptist Association. There is simply too much at stake to attempt to gather 2,200 Arkansas Baptists in one location to serve together. What does that mean for One Day 2020?
Introducing One Day: Serve Local!
Imagine your local church taking the best ideas and training from 10 years of One Day events and developing your own outreach events to serve needs and share Jesus in your community. Your church is already doing that? Great! Now, imagine ABSC churches across our state actively involved in local missions on the same day! How about Saturday, October 3? That’s One Day: Serve Local!
Plan now to participate in this incredible day of missions outreach across our state as Arkansas Baptists ask God to do immeasurably more! Registration and resources, including COVID-friendly outreach ideas, for One Day: Serve Local are available below. When you register, you'll receive an email full of resources for you and your church, and you can find all the resources on the One Day 2020 resources page.
Information about registering
Unlike our annual One Day: Acts 1:8 Missions Experience event, only churches register as participants for Serve Local. Registration for individuals is not required. Also, there is no need to indicate the number of members participating or the types and/or numbers of ministries your church will provide.
The purpose of One Day: Serve Local is for churches all across Arkansas to meet needs and share Jesus in their local community on Saturday, October 3.
When you register as a church, you will receive incredible evangelism tools.
- Immediate access to a Serve Local PDF event guide that helps you run this event smoothly for your church.
- The official One Day Serve Local logo (.jpg) file to help promote your event to church and/or community, and also social media graphics for additional publicity.
- 75 Symbol Bracelets – a simple evangelism tool with five symbols to encourage gospel conversations and help tell the story of Jesus. Give them to those you serve as an “admission ticket” to your event or as a reminder of the decision they made to trust Jesus.
If you register early, you could receive:
- The first 150 churches to register will receive a set of 5 personal Evangecubes – a versatile evangelism tool that is effective when sharing the gospel with children or visual learners
- The first 400 churches to register will receive 50 silicone Symbol Bracelets. Give them to your missionaries to encourage gospel conversations during the event and whenever they wear it.
Finally, register before September 15 to be eligible to receive one of 10 BIG CUBE Evangecubes – the perfect evangelism tool to share the Gospel with a group of any size. Join the Missions Team for a Facebook Live event at 10:00am on September 15 for this computer-generated drawing where we will announce the ten winners!