The Arkansas Baptist State Convention is made up of seven agencies/institutions that are funded by the Cooperative Program and Dixie Jackson Offering giving of approximately 1,525 Arkansas churches.
The Executive Board is responsible for receiving and distributing Cooperative Program funds and for the planning and logistics of the annual meeting of the Arkansas Baptist State Convention where the budget and programs are approved.
The Executive Board is the missionary agency working to accomplish the Great Commission in Arkansas through Arkansas churches.
The Executive Board teams of the ABSC exist to assist churches in fulfilling the Great Commission through three essential intents: strengthening churches, impacting the next generation, and reaching the unengaged, unreached, and underserved.
Therefore, it is imperative that we do everything with purpose. We prayerfully developed 3 Essential Intents as a guide to focus our strategies and planning. While there are lots of good things that we could do, these essential areas are what we must do to reach our goals. This focus is reflected in every Team’s goals.
The 3 Essential Intents mandate the ministries of the ABSC to …
- Revitalize churches
- Focus our evangelism partnerships toward people that are unengaged, unreached, and underserved in access to the gospel
- Impact students from kindergarten to graduate school
We believe that:
The Bible is the Word of God and is our mandate and guide for ministry and missions. The church is God’s primary agent for accomplishing His purpose in the world. Our staff’s call, commitment, and competence are the most important resources we offer churches.
Therefore, we will act with:
Responsiveness. We value our ministry relationships and consider every inquiry important and time sensitive.
- Responsiveness matches each need to the circumstance with all available means.
- Responsiveness is an individual and a team effort to fulfill every request and query.
Respect. We will love and serve all people with dignity and respect.
- Each person has inherent worth.
- Each person needs to know Jesus Christ.
Integrity. Integrity is foundational to our ministry and service.
- We are accountable to those we serve and to each other.
- Integrity guides all our interactions, strategies, and actions.
Efficiency. We value efficiency to maximize the use of time, resources, and energy by prioritizing, planning, preparing, implementing, and evaluating for the future to fulfill the Great Commission.
Cooperation. Cooperation is essential to significant kingdom impact.
- We value the Cooperative Program as the primary means through which Arkansas Baptists fund missions in our state, our nation, and around the world.
- We value partnerships with local associations, the North American Mission Board, the International Mission Board, LifeWay, and other ABSC and SBC agencies and institutions.
The archives of the Arkansas Baptist State Convention are preserved at Ouachita Baptist University. For more information, please call 870-245-5332