Welcome to the Arkansas Baptist page! We are glad you are here. Please know you are loved, valued, seen, and appreciated. Ministry is full of ups and downs. There are moments when you are sure of your calling, your place in ministry, and the plan God has for you. There are also moments when you are so unsure of your life and calling that it makes it difficult to breathe. Questions swirl, doubts are real, and it seems like everyone and everything is against you. With this in mind, we invite you to a safe place where you can be yourself and receive encouragement for your soul and equipping for your vital role in the local church.
Arkansas Baptist Women along with the Ministers’ Wives Teams of Arkansas are here to serve you. Check out the events and networking opportunities offered throughout the year. Please join us and invite other wives to take advantage of these opportunities to connect.
Two Ministers’ Wives Teams are Here to Serve You!
- Ministers’ Wives Encouraging Team. This team plans and hosts the Ministers’ Wives luncheon at the Arkansas Baptist State Convention Annual Meeting. Held in October in conjunction with the Pastor’s Conference, this uplifting day offers powerful worship, sweet fellowship, a wonderful meal, special gifts, and an encouraging message especially for ministers’ wives. Mark your calendar and plan to join us at Immanuel Baptist Church in Little Rock on Monday, October 21, 2024, for our next Ministers’ Wives Luncheon. Click here to meet the members of the Ministers’ Wives Encouraging Team!
- Ministers’ Wives Equipping Team. This team focuses on equipping ministers’ wives for their vital role in the local church as well as networking opportunities at Arkansas Baptist State Convention meetings. Connect with the vital work of this team in any of the following ways:
- Equip Conferences: These gatherings are designed specifically with smaller membership church (SMC) leaders in mind. Whether full-time, bi-vocational, or volunteer, SMC ministry wives have many unique and challenging demands. This conference offers practical help and times of networking for ministry wives and aims to equip and encourage those serving in SMC ministry.
- Ministers’ Wives Fellowship Groups: A top priority for the Ministers’ Wives Equipping Team is helping associations, churches, and ministers’ wives start fellowship groups in their regional area. The Equipping Team will gladly assist anyone in the process of starting or restarting a fellowship group. Get the process started by emailing Vickie Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out practical help for starting a fellowship group in your regional area here!
- ABSC Statewide Events: A ministers’ wives booth will be set up in the vendor area at the Evangelism Conference, Arkansas Baptist Women Conference, and the Arkansas Baptist State Convention Annual Meeting. The booth will serve as a meeting point for ministers’ wives to receive resources and connect with other wives. Stop by the booth and meet the members of the Ministers’ Wives Equipping Team!
- Click here to meet the members of the Ministers’ Wives Equipping Team!
WAYS TO CONNECT:
On Tuesday of Evangelism Conference, a lunch + workshop is offered free of charge for all ministers’ wives. You can expect sweet fellowship around the table, inspirational speaker on practical issues ministers’ wives face, and a box lunch. Start your year off the right way at ECON! Learn more and register at www.absc.org/econ
While Conference is offered for all women, it provides a connection group for ministers’ wives. Inspire offers powerful worship, dynamic speakers, and meaningful times of connection. Click here to learn more and register.
Each year on Monday of the Pastor’s Conference, the Arkansas Baptist State Convention provides a fun-filled day for all ministers’ wives. This event is planned by the Arkansas Baptist Ministers’ Wives Encouragement Team with the sole purpose of ministering to and encouraging all ministers’ wives. This event is free. The only thing you need to do is register. (Childcare provided). Click here to learn more and register.
Connect with other Arkansas Baptist Ministers’ Wives throughout the year through a private Facebook Group designed for you. This safe place offers a way for you to share prayer requests, stay up to date on events, and enjoy fellowship that is meaningful to you. Request to join and be part of the community!
This year on the podcast, we are focusing on what it means to be an Arkansas Baptist Woman! A woman who loves the Lord, lives on mission for the gospel, is present in her calling, is trained and equipped to lead, and is sold out for Jesus. Join us as we talk about life, ministry, and our relationship with Jesus in real and practical ways. Watch for a new episode dropping every other Monday morning! Listen at www.absc.org/abwpodcast or any podcast platform.