On almost any given day throughout the year, Arkansas Baptist churches are actively meeting needs and sharing Jesus in their local communities. Imagine the Kingdom impact across our state if an opportunity existed for all ABSC churches to engage their communities in missions and evangelism on the exact same day. That opportunity is now a reality and we call it One Day: Serve Local.
One Day: Serve Local was launched in October 2020 in response to the decision to cancel the annual One Day Acts 1:8 Missions Experience due to Covid-19. At least 115 churches participated in the first Serve Local on October 2, 2020. Throughout the day they shared pictures, videos, and testimonies of their experiences on social media which was accessible to all churches through a shared hashtag. This created excitement and helped Arkansas Baptists understand they were participating in movement of God across our state. Of those registered, 72 churches reported the following:
- Members Serving 1,662
- Ministry Sites 267
- Gospel Conversations 1,269
- Salvations Recorded 72
Serve Local 2020 was such a huge success, churches began to ask, “When can we do this again?” The decision was quickly made to include Serve Local as an annual Spring missions emphasis. Plan now to participate in this cooperative-missions effort as Arkansas Baptist churches meet needs and share Jesus in local communities across our state on Saturday, May 15, 2021.
Registration is now open!
- Only one registration per church is necessary.
- Registration for individuals is not required.
- There is no need to indicate the number of members participating or the types and/or numbers of ministries your church will provide.
When you register as a church you will receive:
- Immediate access to a Serve Local PDF event guide to help you plan and carry out this even effectively for your church.
- The office Serve Local logo (,jpg) file and social media graphics files to help promote your event to your church and/or community.
- 75 Gospel Bracelets (tyvek material) - a simple evangelism tool with five symbols to encourage gospel conversations and help tell the story of Jesus. give them to those you serve as an 'admission ticket' to your event or just a reminder of the decision they made to trust Jesus.
Additional incentives for the first 200 churches to register include:
- One personal Evangecube - a versatile evangelism tool that is effective when sharing the gospel with children or visual learners, and
- 50 silicone Symbol Bracelets - give them to your missionaries to encourage gospel conversations during the event and whenever they wear it.
Finally, register before May 7 to be eligible to receive:
- One of 2 Evangecube sets. Each set contains 25 personal evangecubes.
- One of 3 BIG CUBE Evangecubes - the perfect evangelism tool to share the Gospel with a group of any size.
- One of 5 Book Bundles - one bundle provided by each of your ABSC teams (Executive & Administrative, College & Young Leaders, Church Planting, Evangelism & Church Health, and Missions).
Join the Missions Team for a Facebook Live event at 10:00am on May 7th for this computer-generated drawing where we will announce the ten winners!