Who's Your One Timeline
Participation in the Who’s Your One emphasis does not require following an official timeline. The focus should be perpetual. However, following a churchwide timeline may be beneficial in creating congregational enthusiasm and unity around Who’s Your One. With that in mind, below is a timeline to consider using in your church.
Pre-Launch (3-4 weeks before week 1):
- Commit personally to participate in Who’s Your One and identify your One
Meet with leaders
- Explain the emphasis
- Share the name of your One
- Encourage leaders to identify their One
Plan the details of the emphasis
- When will the emphasis begin?
- How will we track congregational participation?
- How will we celebrate how God is working through Who’s Your One?
- Order Who’s Your One resources
Week 1: Launch Sunday
- Preach first sermon*
- Create awareness and excitement
- Cast vision
Week 2: Commitment Sunday
- Preach second sermon*
- Distribute prayer guides and bookmarks
Week 3: Day of Prayer
- Prayer service
- Conclude with a time of commitment
- Instruct the congregation to start the 30-day prayer guide
Week 4: Third sermon*
Week 5: Fourth sermon*
Week 6: Fifth sermon*
Week 7: Big Day
- The Big Day may be Easter, Christmas, a revival, or another event
- Preach an evangelistic sermon
*Note to pastors: The sermons at whosyourone.com are a suggestion for
weeks 1-2 and 4-6. However, you are free to prepare and preach any sermon at your discretion which focuses on the need for reaching the lost.