The lives of Arkansas Baptists are full of stories. Stories of hope given and souls saved, stories of churches planted and pastors supported, stories of missionaries sent and disasters relieved. As you live out these stories and allow God to work in your midst, the Arkansas Baptist State Convention wants to be there every step of the way, supporting the vital work you’re doing. We, the ABSC Communications Team, also want to be telling your stories, so that your fellow Baptists can be inspired by what’s going on around them, and so that the world can see that Arkansas Baptists are being the hands and feet of Christ to the needy in our state, our nation, and our world.
Telling these stories is an honor, and we strive every day to tell them the best we can, as we work to promote events, to champion churches, to support pastors, and to encourage churchgoers in ways that are creative and engaging. Last week, we won some awards for telling your stories, and we want to thank you.
The Baptist Communicators Association holds an annual workshop, and last week our communications team was able to attend and sharpen our work strategies and learn about the latest trends in the communications world. The annual workshop also hosts a yearly awards banquet, at which Baptists communicators around the nation are honored for their stunning photography, attractive web design, engaging social media campaigns and hard-hitting press coverage. Entries are judged by experts in each respective field.
The ABSC communications team was proud to represent you at the banquet, and we came home with eight different awards on your behalf. Here’s the full list of awards:
- Missions + Ministry, September Edition, First Place, Design - Publication - Other Newspaper or Tabloid
- Summer Camps Newsletter, Second Place, Design - Publication - Other Newspaper or Tabloid
- Missions + Ministry, May Edition, Third Place, Design - Publication - Other Newspaper or Tabloid
- Inspire on the Go, Second Place, Audio - Broadcast/Podcast - Overall Show
- Ministry in a Minute, Second Place, Video - Broadcast/Podcast - Overall Show
- Ministry in a Minute - Episode 5 “Is it Time to Re-think Worship?”, First Place, Video, Broadcast/Podcast - Individual Episode
- Dixie Jackson Landing Page, First Place, Promotion & Advertising, Digital Media Template
- Arkansas Baptist Disaster Relief Website, Second Place, Website, organization or company site - Adapted Template
Thank you for the honor of telling your stories. Please take the time to read a newsletter, watch a video, listen to a podcast, and share a resource with your friends and church members, and we'll keep striving to tell your stories the very best we can.