Your prayers can powerfully impact the work of missionaries and their field of service. In fact, missionaries say prayer is the most important action church members can do for them. The Missions Team provides prayer resources for each of the three special missions emphases observed by Arkansas Baptists (Lottie Moon Offering for International Misions, Annie Armstrong Offering for North American Missions, and the Dixie Jackson Arkansas Missions Offering). In addition, we encourage you to take advantage of the web links provided below for online prayer resources.
- International Mission Board www.imb.org/pray
- North American Mission Board www.namb.net/prayer
- Arkansas Church Planters Monthly Prayer Calendar
- Adopt a People Group and other South Asia Prayer resources www.absc.org/praysa
- Adopt a People Group and other Southeast Asia Prayer Resoures www.absc.org/seapray
Week of Prayer Resources
Promotional posters, prayer guides, offering envelopes, and other free materials are sent to each church by the Missions Team prior to the week of prayer. The quantity sent is based on reported worship attendance. To order additional copies of resources call or email Sarah Bowen (firstname.lastname@example.org). Team members are also available to speak during the weeks of prayer and to lead conferences on missions praying and missions giving.
Suggested Missions Seasons (however your church is free to choose a time that best fits your church calendar.)
- Dixie Jackson State Missions Offering: September
- Lottie Moon Christmas Offering: December
- Annie Armstrong Easter Offering: March/April
The Cooperative Program
Your church can touch the entire world through the Cooperative Program. Churches voluntarily give a percentage of their undesignated receipts through the Cooperative Program, which allow them to simultaneously support Arkansas missions, North American missions, and International Missions and many other SBC causes. To learn more about the Cooperative Program, click HERE.